Wine on Windows - wiki notes

Steven Edwards winehacker at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 17:40:26 CDT 2009

On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 5:53 PM, David Gerard <dgerard at gmail.com> wrote:
> I thought Cygwin had long had sendmsg/recvmsg:
>
> http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-patches/2002-q1/msg00111.html
>
> What do you mean here?

It has an implementation but not one that supports doing a recvmsg
with a file descriptor so I understand. It seems Interix/Services for
Unix and Subsystem for Unix applications have the same problem.
According to Microsofts documentation (thanks Thunderbird)
Vista/Windows Server 2008 and the Subsystem for Unix applications is
supposed to support this so we might actually have a chance at seeing
Wine run on Windows soon. I have a regression test for passing file
descriptors with sendmsg/recvmsg I am working on that should be ready
in a few more days and will post it. I'll test with Cygwin and SFU
under Windows XP. Hopefully someone with Vista and Windows Server 2003
or 2007 can test for us.

--
Steven Edwards