Wine+Java+Nvidia crashes

Rick Jones rick at activeservice.co.uk
Fri Mar 13 18:35:25 CDT 2009

--On Friday, March 13, 2009 23:24:56 +0100 StefanDösinger
<stefan at codeweavers.com> wrote:

¦ It is next to impossible to tell what is going wrong here. I'm afraid
someone
¦ will have to dig into the GL calls and try to reproduce the crash in a
¦ stand-alone app and report it to Nvidia. That can be a quite nasty task.
You
¦ might be able to get your app running by disabling d3d9.dll(d3d9="" in
¦ winecfg).

Sometimes the simplest things can be the least obvious. I've just tried
disabling d3d9 in Configure Wine and it works! I just hadn't thought of
doing that - I guess I assumed that because it was calling d3d9 it needed
it.

That'll do for now, the app isn't actually doing any 3D rendering. In fact
I'll try the same on the netbook where it's already working, it might
improve the screen response which isn't wonderful at the moment.

Thanks!

--
Cheers
Rick