Disabling File attachments on Wiki

Vitaliy Margolen wine-devel at kievinfo.com
Mon Mar 16 00:36:36 CDT 2009

Ben Klein wrote:
> 2009/3/16 Vitaliy Margolen <wine-devel at kievinfo.com>:
>> Ben Klein wrote:
>>> I'd think that disabling would be preferred to removing accounts, at
>>> least as a quick-fix if someone is identified as a spammer. I also
>>> think it's probably a bad idea to have too many SuperUsers :D
>> I was asking about disabling of file attachments since they can not be
>> monitored for spam content. How did this deviate into disabling users?
>
> Because someone started talking about spam-control methods.
Ok, then please can we disable attachments? And if not why? If we have to
have attachments then is it possible to let admins only to upload them?

BTW disabling users won't do you much good withe current registration
process. Most spam is added by users with random usernames. With few exceptions.

Vitaliy.