How to enable font anti-aliasing in Wine?

Anssi Hannula anssi.hannula at gmail.com
Mon Mar 16 15:29:42 CDT 2009

André Hentschel wrote:
> In my case there is no ~/.fonts.conf

And you have antialiased fonts in gtk/kde/qt4/whatever applications
anyway? That means so would wine if it used fontconfig.
~/.fonts.conf is just one way to set those up. It may also be set up in
/etc/fonts or antialias=true could be the default.

In any case, all programs use the same settings.

> That depends too much on distribution and windows manager.

Actually, fontconfig is the unified way to set antialiasing settings.
There are no separate config files for different desktops.

> I think it should be on by default and if there might be problems you
> can turn it off in registry.

What about subpixel antialiasing settings?

--
Anssi Hannula