[2/2] quartz: Add a libavformat based MPEG demuxer.

Chris Robinson chris.kcat at gmail.com
Mon Mar 23 04:03:20 CDT 2009

I wouldn't recommend this patch as being very safe. Having dealt with ffmpeg,
my experience has been that it's ABI is not stable (the .so version number
increments often, forcing recompilations). And when trying to update to new
lib versions, things sometimes mysteriously break.

Ultimately, FFmpeg is better off as a "built-in" code base. A project wishing
to use it should pick a version and include it, and not rely on it externally.