[2/2] quartz: Add a libavformat based MPEG demuxer.

Chris Robinson chris.kcat at gmail.com
Mon Mar 23 12:59:30 CDT 2009

On Monday 23 March 2009 5:10:54 am Henri Verbeet wrote:
> I'm not sure how much we should care about the ABI as long as the API
> is reasonably stable, but my impression was that FFmpeg has stabilized
> quite a bit in recent years.

It was actually just about a month or so ago where a project I was working on
was using FFmpeg, when the ABI changed (changing the .so and requiring a
recompile). However, when I tried recompiling with the new version, it would
inexplicably crash. I never did find a cause.

In the end, I switched to GStreamer. Unfortunately, that can't cleanly be
dynamically loaded due to the macro fun it uses.