[kernel32] Fix inf file parsing

James Hawkins truiken at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 14:44:32 CDT 2009

On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 11:50 AM, Paul Vriens
<paul.vriens.wine at gmail.com> wrote:
> James Hawkins wrote:
>>
>> On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 8:25 AM, Paul Vriens <paul.vriens.wine at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> This fixes bug 17843 but I'm not sure it's a 100% correct. James didn't
>>> change
>>> this just for the fun of it.
>>>

>> If you're unsure of the correct fix, you should write a test case that
>> fails without your patch and succeeds with your patch.
>>
> AJ already put in a fix (similar to mine).
>
> I don't want to sound negative but you added loads of test cases that still
> didn't prevent this regression.

That is pretty negative.  Your comment implies that the failure of the
current test suite to be comprehensive enough means we shouldn't add
more tests, which is incorrect.  No test suite is ever complete.  Any
change to the code that can be tested, should be tested, and there are
very few places that can't be tested with enough ingenuity.

> That's probably the downside of todo_wine.

With my last patch in the series (which needs to be reworked and more
tests added for), there were only two todo_wine's left, and they are
unrelated to this problem.

--
James Hawkins