X11DRV_AlphaBlend: FIXME not a DIB section

Damian Dixon damian.dixon at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 11:09:34 CDT 2009

Hi,

I'm trying to get an application running as best as possible under Wine and
have found that X11DRV_AlphaBlend does not handle Bitmaps which are not a
DIB Section.

I have also found that a number of people have submitted some fixes to
X11DRV_AlphaBlend:

1.
http://www.nabble.com/(re-resend)-x11drv%3A-implement-X11DRV_AlphaBlend-for-non-dib-sources-td15501749.html#a15501749
2. http://archives.free.net.ph/message/20080602.110501.ba1ea794.el.html

Is there a reason for these not being accepted?

I have started doing my own patch but wish to ensure the maximium liklyhood
of the patch being accepted.

I am taking a slightly different approach of trying to convert the Bitmap
into a DIB Section first, which would hopefully minimise any changes.

Does any one have any advice on how to approach this fix?

Thanks
Damian