[RFC] Port of Stefan Dösinger's ARB_vertex_program fixed-function vertex pipeline replacement to 1.1.18

Paul TBBle Hampson Paul.Hampson at Pobox.com
Mon Mar 30 08:08:23 CDT 2009

On Sun, Mar 29, 2009 at 02:23:42PM +0200, Henri Verbeet wrote:
> 2009/3/29 Paul TBBle Hampson <Paul.Hampson at pobox.com>:
>> fixme:d3d_surface:surface_upload_data >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> GL_INVALID_VALUE (0x501) from glTexSubImage2D @ ../../../dlls/wined3d/surface.c / 349
> These are a problem, I think.

Co-incidentally, I just saw some of these errors from an unpatched
1.1.17 build in Warhammer Online, which is a D3D9X-based game.

I'll look into it, but I'm actually having trouble getting 3DMark2000 to
do it again, I suspect it's just me running low on video ram, since I'd
just had an error to that effect in Warhammer Online when I saw this
error in that.

> 2009/3/29 Stefan Dösinger <stefandoesinger at gmx.at>:
>> Its probably a reasonable goal to get this in, but disabled by default until
>> the performance problems are resolved(I guess that lighting is the main
>> bottleneck). That will make it easier for others to implement vertex blending
>> in a proper fashion.

>> That said, I don't really remember the state of the code, and if it is clean
>> enough to be committed.

> It will need some work, but I think getting it merged is a good idea.

Any suggestions on the work that is needed? Apart from the above
GL_INVALID_VALUE, I'm unaware of any failures apart from it being slow.

I guess a registry entry check in select_vertex_implementation would be
a good start.

Paul "TBBle" Hampson, B.Sc, LPI, MCSE
Very-later-year Asian Studies student, ANU
Paul.Hampson at Pobox.com

Of course Pacman didn't influence us as kids. If it did,
we'd be running around in darkened rooms, popping pills and
listening to repetitive music.
 -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

License: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.5/au/