error report

Ruben Hillewaere rhillewa at como.vub.ac.be
Fri May 1 02:18:46 CDT 2009

Hello,

I wanted to install (Dar)wine on my Intel Mac, first I've tried with
the binaries found on http://wiki.winehq.org/MacOSX/Installing  The
installation goes fine, but running any of the apps fails.

So, instead, I've tried to build Wine from Scratch, this is what I get:

ruben at CakeSlicer:~/distrib$ ./create_darwine_distrib.sh $VERSION ~/
Desktop/wine-$VERSION
# Packaging Darwine for version 1.1.20 using Wine sources in /Users/
ruben/Desktop/wine-1.1.20...
# Building Wine in /Users/ruben/Desktop/wine-1.1.20 (warning: takes a
long time)...
configure: WARNING: mach-o/dyld_images.h: present but cannot be compiled
configure: WARNING: mach-o/dyld_images.h:     check for missing
prerequisite headers?
configure: WARNING: mach-o/dyld_images.h: see the Autoconf documentation
configure: WARNING: mach-o/dyld_images.h:     section "Present But
Cannot Be Compiled"
configure: WARNING: mach-o/dyld_images.h: proceeding with the
preprocessor's result
configure: WARNING: mach-o/dyld_images.h: in the future, the compiler
will take precedence
configure: WARNING:     ## ------------------------------------ ##
configure: WARNING:     ## Report this to wine-devel at winehq.org ##
configure: WARNING:     ## ------------------------------------ ##
configure: error: FreeType development files not found. Fonts will not
be built.
Use the --without-freetype option if you really want this.
***** Error: Can't build wine

thanks for keeping me informed about this error,

Ruben Hillewaere
PhD student, COMO
Vrije Universiteit Brussel

Department of Computer Science