RFC on Base Wine Config

Juan Lang juan.lang at gmail.com
Sat May 2 22:47:54 CDT 2009

> ok then I am very confused then...
> I deleted the / mapping all together and then ran the dotest script and
> the make test scripts
> dotest fails if the / mapping is not there along with the inetmib1
> test.  I opened a bug
> concerning the inetmib test failing and was told that my configuration
> with the / mapping deleted
> was an invalid wine configuration that the / is absolutely needed by wine.
>
> So I am confused... is it required or not?

It is not required.  What _is_ required is that the path to the
current executable is mapped, somewhere.  I suggested you remap Z: to
/ as it's the default, and it was the most concise way to ensure that
your configuration met the requirement.  As Ben said, you could map
any drive.  Heck, you could have mapped Q: to the dlls/inetmib1/tests
directory and the inetmib1 test would have worked, while having no
mapping would not work.
--Juan