Severity levels

Nicklas Börjesson Nicklas.Borjesson at ws.se
Sat May 2 14:31:49 CDT 2009

Not applications, issues.
My point is that user experience issues gets a lower severity than they should.
Let's take photoshop CS 4 with two old but relevant actual issues as an example.
1. There is a problem with the text tool functionality, it did not work. Everything else works, though.
2. There are serious graphics problems, huge artifacts, the entire application is almost unworkable under Gnome.

With the current severity levels(without common sense), example 1 gets higher priority, which I think is wrong.

//Nicklas

PS.
Yes I know the actual issue turned out to be a configuration thing. But that's not the point.
DS.