crypt32/tests: Print a better error if no Verisign root certificates available.

Juan Lang juan.lang at gmail.com
Mon May 4 10:58:22 CDT 2009

Hi, I just noticed commit efa555596b30134261920ea12d8c324f9bef34b4.
This change is misleading:

-         "Chain %d, element [%d,%d]: expected error %08x, got %08x\n",
+         "Chain %d, element [%d,%d]: expected error %08x, got %08x. %08x is "
+         "expected if no valid Verisign root certificate is available.\n",
          testIndex, chainIndex, elementIndex, expected->dwErrorStatus,
-         got->dwErrorStatus);
+         got->dwErrorStatus, CERT_TRUST_IS_UNTRUSTED_ROOT);

The only difference is to add CERT_TRUST_IS_UNTRUSTED_ROOT if any
chain doesn't match, whatever the reason.  On the other hand, only one
chain out of 14 or so that are tested would ever unexpectedly have
CERT_TRUST_IS_UNTRUSTED_ROOT set.  The remainder of the chains are not
rooted in any trusted CA, but are rooted in some untrusted cert.  So I
don't think this change is really all that beneficial.

Personally, I'd rather have the change reverted.  Comments?
--Juan