winedbg and exceptions

Eric Pouech eric.pouech at orange.fr
Tue May 5 15:07:25 CDT 2009

Christopher Harvey a écrit :
> Hi,
> I'm having trouble with winedbg and seh exceptions. I've got a program
> that throws TONS of unhanded exceptions that don't seem to affect
> behavior at all, but there is one exception that I'm after, it's an
> access violation exception that's crashing a program. I can "run" the
> program by holding enter in winedbg and telling it to cont on all
> exceptions, but I've never managed to read the exception I want this
> way. Basically I just need a backtrace from the violation.
>
> Chris.

unfortunately (compared to gcc behavior) we cannot (yet) in winedbg
decide to filter out some exceptions and some other ones

however, this may work: try the following commands (before run)

set $BreakOnFirstChance=0
run

and see what gives
A+

--
Eric Pouech
"The problem with designing something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of a complete idiot." (Douglas Adams)