Shuttleworth on Wine

Scott Ritchie scott at open-vote.org
Wed May 6 01:29:49 CDT 2009

nn wrote:
> Shuttleworth on Wine
> http://www.osnews.com/story/21438/Shuttleworth_on_Wine
>

>       Yahoo!7 recommends that you update your browser to the new Internet Explorer 8.Get it now.

The reason stuff like this makes the news is because everyone wants to
know about Wine in Ubuntu.  The past two talks I've given on Wine at
Ubuntu Open Week were similarly plastered with questions, even though
this time I didn't speak directly after Mark.

The reason everyone wants to know about Wine in Ubuntu is because it
feels like a big thing.  Ubuntu wants to attract Windows users to a free
software platform, Wine helps them switch.  The partnership is obvious,
and Ubuntu doesn't even have to do that much - just include some of the
integration projects I'm cobbling together.

I've said it before, but I mean it this time - I predict big things for
the next release, especially if we can get Wine 1.2 in there.  Now,
someone please finish one of Alexandre's release goals in the next 5
months so this can happen ;)

Thanks,
Scott Ritchie