[4/5] WineD3D: Work around a bad crash in fglrx

Henri Verbeet hverbeet at gmail.com
Wed May 6 05:19:27 CDT 2009

2009/5/6 Henri Verbeet <hverbeet at gmail.com>:
> Mesa (that includes e.g. the intel and radeon drivers) is generally
> responsive to bug reports, as is NVIDIA. It's really just AMD and
> Apple that are problematic wrt. getting bugs fixed.

Just for the record, I'm not trying to just make AMD look bad here, I
think it's great that they released the GPU documentation, and that
they're paying people to work on the Mesa driver. Also, going by what
I hear from other people, fglrx improved a lot in the more recent
versions (certainly compared to the kind of support my Radeon 9800 Pro
had...), so it's not all bad. They just *really* need to fix their
developer relations stuff.