Severity levels

Ken Sharp kennybobs at o2.co.uk
Sun May 3 15:46:14 CDT 2009

Nicklas Börjesson wrote:
>> No it isn't.  It's an indication on how many people think they're more
>> important than anyone else filing a bug.
>
> I think that you are wrong. Granted, some people do, they are called morons.
> But most people aren't morons. They are people, and to them, the issue really
> is critical. At least they think that. Give people the benefit of the doubt here.

How many times does this have to be repeated?  Severity levels are NOT
determined by how much a user wants the app to work.  They're just not,
deal with it.

>> It doesn't matter what the users think, we've been over this, it would
>> be up to MS coders.
>> They would put a high priority on it because Adobe it a major player,
>> and I'm sure MS makes a lot of money out of them one way or another.
>> This is a FOSS project and has no bearing on severity levels.
>
> So Photoshop has not been the least prioritized?

What are you talking about?  A lot of people use Photoshop, that's why
it has been given more attention.  This is FOSS software, the more
popular an application is, the more people will be involved in getting
it to work.  Photoshop is very popular.  "Acme Inc. Card Counter" is not.
Photoshop has been prioritised because it is so popular, it is also
affected by a LOT of bugs.  This adds up to 1+1=2 and nothing more.
Photoshop bugs are prioritised in exactly the same way all the other
bugs are.

> I don't think you paint the entire picture.

I don't think you can see the picture.

>> If a set of devs decide to work on getting a particular app working
>> that's up to them, and we've already been over this too.
>
> Obviously. I can't remember opposing that?

Who said you had?

>> Bares no relevance whatsoever to severity levels in Bugzilla.
> Nothing does, does it?

Not to you, no.  Only what you think is right.