Severity levels

Nicklas Börjesson Nicklas.Borjesson at ws.se
Sun May 3 18:29:40 CDT 2009

>I think this argument is circular...Wine has no shortage of bugs being
>reported, we have plenty of new users reporting bugs, and new
>developers contributing often. You're proposing adding an extra
>severity rating that no developer will look at, and will only add to
>confusion (users now have to decide *two* levels rather than one). It
>won't add any benefit, other than possibly giving users a warm fuzzy
>feeling that their bug is 'important' to them (which they can already
>do with voting), but adds confusion, wasted time, and wasted effort.

Yes the voting! I had forgot about that!
Actually that pretty much...lessens many of my previous arguments.

Well, turns the into moot, really.

I still think that the severity levels could be better with regards to UE though,
but that seems less important now with the at least theorethical "me too"-power of voting.

Again, sorry for taking your time. Too bad nobody mentioned the voting earlier.

//Nicklas
PS.
I never proposed an extra severity flag, but to change it into something
more intuitive for the user.
I speculated that classification of bugs could be made anyway.
DS.