Does wine handle virtual midi ports correct on OSX?

Dewdman42 steve at bstage.com
Wed May 6 23:20:16 CDT 2009

Does anyone know if Darwine can be fixed to handle virtual midi ports
correctly?  They work very sporadically right now.  It seems to be related
to getting the ports flushed or initialized or something.  When there is a
virtual midi port present (under OSX), Wine seems to see it and lists it as
an available midi port, but I have not been able to consistently get that
port to function correctly.  Sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't and
it seems to related to switching it on and off in some fashion makes it
work, though I can't seem to find a pattern that will work consistently.

All I can figure is that somehow Wine is not handling midi ports in a way
that is compatible with OSX virtual midi ports.

Anyone have any experience or knowledge in this area?

Thanks