Shuttleworth on Wine

Austin English austinenglish at gmail.com
Fri May 8 23:49:24 CDT 2009

2009/5/8 Scott Ritchie <scott at open-vote.org>:
> We had "no application regressions" as a release goal for 1.0, more or less
> - in practice that meant we were targeting every application users wanted to
> test it on.  But there were also 4 specific apps targeted too - IIRC stuff
> like word viewer.  In principle there's no reason an application like
> Photoshop couldn't be considered release critical in much the same fashion
> these were.

Yes, the targets were Microsoft Word/Powerpoint viewer, while cheap
and free to download, they're both actually pretty complex (office
based).

As a shameless plug, this is the kind of stuff I'm planning on testing
this summer for Summer of Code. Photoshop, however, is harder to test,
since it doesn't have an easy free download available.

Adobe reader/photoshop album, however, may be a bit easier to test,
and have the bonus of some similar bugs.

If anyone has some simple applications that are easy to test
(preferably, with no installer), shoot me an e-mail and I'll add it to
my my list of applications to look at.

--
-Austin