DIB Engine : Almost 100% working

Massimo Del Fedele max at veneto.com
Sun May 10 13:03:45 CDT 2009

Roderick Colenbrander ha scritto:

> Unfortunately getting this code into Wine is not really possible
> (Alexandre would like to see Huw finishing the design and all the work
> but no time has been assigned to him for this) BUT I think work on
> this DIB engine even if it won't make it in Wine isn't wasted. This
> DIB engine even if not correct shows us what apps can benefit and by
> how much from the dib engine (before we only had guesses). If running
> photoshop on Wine is significantly faster using the DIB engine (it
> might be useful to do tests for that, there are ways to benchmark
> photoshop) Codeweavers might work on it.
>
> Roderick

I'm (and not just me, afaik....) still very, very but really very curious to know *which*
would be the "correct" design....
BTW, I made my design because I needed it, and I'm happy if it'll be useful for some
other people, quite probable stuff having seen the amount of words wasted about the
subject from year 2002.
Anyways, if instead of having it as an "alternative" solution inside wine tree
(which would make stuffs easier for people needing it, for example cad users) we want
to let it hanging on bug 421's page hoping to have the "right" solution in a bit less
than another 7 years, ok :-)

Max