DIB Engine : Almost 100% working

Austin English austinenglish at gmail.com
Mon May 11 06:15:49 CDT 2009

On Mon, May 11, 2009 at 6:07 AM, Chris Howe <mrmessiah at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2009/5/11 Joerg Mayer <jmayer at loplof.de>
>>
>> Hello (mostly wine package maintainers),
>> >
>> > Ah, I'm not very optimistic that it'll ever enter on wine tree :-)
>> > Nor have I time to adopt the "trial and error" way up to it's
>> > approved.
>>
>> So from the end users point of view Alexandre is refusing this solution
>> which
>> is much better than what exists now into the official wine tree.
>
> Going to make that request for official (Alexandre-approved) documentation
> of "the right way" to go up somewhere, one more time. Its ludicrous that
> there's
> a solution this good that's wrong, and there's no roadmap for making a
> better
> one.

It would still take a lot of time to write that documentation. Time is
money, and AJ/Huw are both busy people. Unless someone sponsors it,
it's on the back burner, since it's not for sure that it would even
help popular applications.

Not the answer most people want, but the truth isn't always comfortable.

--
-Austin