DIB Engine : Almost 100% working

Scott Ritchie scott at open-vote.org
Mon May 11 16:01:56 CDT 2009

Henri Verbeet wrote:
> 2009/5/11 Joerg Mayer <jmayer at loplof.de>:
>> As I think that Alexandre has stated his preference (and I can understand
>> him taking a long term view), I want to ask the packagers for the distros
>> out there: Would it be OK for you to add the necessary patch into the
>> code that you distribute. Personally, that means Marcus and the openSUSE
>> wine packages :-)
>>
> While distributions are of course free to do that, keep in mind that
> that would also make them responsible for supporting that code. I'm
> not sure how feasible that would be for something so close to core
> Wine functionality.

Distributions don't really "support" Wine anyway.  At best we just make
a new package every now and again.

As a packager, as long as Massimo is willing to keep the patches
applying to the latest version and user-optional to enable, I'd be
willing to bundle em.  I'm normally averse to keeping deltas with
Alexandre's main branch other than backports, but this one is
specifically written to not do anything unless manually enabled.

Thanks,
Scott Ritchie