SoC 2009 / Application Test Suite Update

James Hawkins truiken at
Wed May 13 13:01:35 CDT 2009

On Wed, May 13, 2009 at 10:27 AM, Austin English
<austinenglish at> wrote:
> Howdy all,
> I've been working on the test suite. I've got a few basic tests set up
> with notepad, and I'm currently working on setting up the framework,
> using AutoHotKey to both run all the tests and parse the logs for
> failures/passing todo's.
> For those interested, here's the first 'real' script I've written. It
> sets up a test directory (C:\appinstall), downloads sha1sum.exe (if it
> doesn't exist), verifies its own sha1sum, downloads winscp.exe
> (portable version), sets up winscp.ini with its settings (I was going
> to use keyboard/mouse control, but times out to
> quickly, and adjusting that setting with mouse/keyboard would be a lot
> more trouble), runs winscp, downloads welcome.msg, closes winscp,
> sha1sum's welcome.msg, and finally, deletes welcome.msg and
> winscp.ini.

This should probably be done in a temporary directory instead of
hard-coded to C:\appinstall.

> It already found one bug :-):
> On windows, when
> selecting the file to download, winscp pops up a dialog to allow you
> to put in an alternate path to save the file. On windows, it's already
> selected, so one can simply type a different path. On Wine, it's not
> selected, breaking the script. It's an easy work around (sending
> {HOME}, followed by {SHIFT}{END}), it's interesting that the script
> allows us to find such subtle bugs.

Good catch!  Hopefully the scripts will find many more bugs like this,
as well as keep Wine from regressing.

James Hawkins