Wine policy question: What is considered "reverse engineering"/what is acceptable?

Daniel Santos javatroubadour at yahoo.com
Wed May 13 15:17:40 CDT 2009

Thank you all very much for the clarification, it is exceedingly helpful!  I don't care to look at microsoft's code because I doubt I have the stomach for it!  But now I feel much better, that I wasn't doing anything wrong by examining the program state of the misbehaving app (it was on wine anyway).  I don't mind jumping through hoops of various sizes to isolate a problem, but to have to do that without debugging, yikes!, that's like having both hands tied behind your back!