DIB Engine - first set of fixings agains wine test suite

Massimo Del Fedele max at veneto.com
Thu May 14 04:01:17 CDT 2009

Giuseppe Bilotta ha scritto:
> On Thursday 14 May 2009 02:02, Massimo Del Fedele wrote:
>
>> I started fixing failures against test suite.
>> Most of bitmap ones are fixed, remaining are due
>> to still stubbed funcs.
>>
>> Now the problem is that it fixed also most todo_wines on bitmap suite....
>>
>> As usual, on bug 421 page for who wants to test it.
>
> I noticed that you patches are not created with git format-patch (and
> thus cannot be applied with git am). Which tool are you using to
> maintain them? Maybe you could set up a public git repository with
> your patches applied on top of official Wine.

I use stacked git to maintaint my patches.
Instructions are on bug 421 page, but I'll repeat them here :

1) Install stacked git if you don't already have it :
sudo apt-get install stgit  (or whathever your distro needs)

2) switch to a new branch (stgit operates on branches, not on origin)
git checkout -b dibeng-max

3) init stacked git branch (needed only first time)
stg init

4) import the patchset
stg import -s /path/to/patchset/series

5) if you want to get rid of stgit data, just commit the patchset
    that's not needed if you want to continue using stgit to push/pop/rebase the patchset
stg commit  (this one will leave you with a standard git tree again)

6) run autoconf -- that's needed because 'configure' file is NOT included in my
    patchset, as it changes too much from git releases and it is usually quite big patch
autoconf

7) build as usual
./configure && make depend && make

8) enable the engine before running apps
export WINEDIB=ON
*or*
fiddle with registry, as explained on bug 421 page if you want it permanent

Ciao

Max