Unused functions in fusion.dll

Paul Vriens paul.vriens.wine at gmail.com
Thu May 14 06:49:47 CDT 2009

Luke Benstead wrote:
> 2009/5/14 Paul Vriens <paul.vriens.wine at gmail.com>:
>> Paul Vriens wrote:

>>> What version of the .NET framework do you have? It looks like these came
>>> with 2.0
>>>
>> Forget that remark. Just checked both fusion and mscoree on .NET 1.1 and 3.5
>> and neither have these exports.
>>
>> So, no clue ;)
>>
>> --
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Paul.
>>

> Just a pure guess, but Googling for CompareAssemblyIdentity returns
> this: http://forums.iis.net/t/1149942.aspx which shows:
>
> mscorwks!CompareAssemblyIdentity+b04a
>
> Is it possible that the actual exported CompareAssemblyIdentity (and
> the one documented on MSDN) should be in mscorwks.dll and NOT in
> fusion.dll?
>
> Just thinking aloud.
>
> Luke.
Spot on:

(Vista with .NET3.5SP1):

winedump -v -j export mscorwks.dll | grep -e CompareAssemblyIdentity -e
GetAssemblyIdentityFromFile

   002FF322    48 CompareAssemblyIdentity
   00300A41    69 GetAssemblyIdentityFromFile

(W2K3 with .NET1.1):

not present

(W2K3 with .NET2.0):

   000F3C2F    47 CompareAssemblyIdentity
   002DE14F    68 GetAssemblyIdentityFromFile

(W2K3 / .NET 2.0SP1/3.0/3.0SP1/3.5):

   0013A67D    47 CompareAssemblyIdentity
   003277D3    68 GetAssemblyIdentityFromFile

(W2K3 with .NET 3.5SP1):

   002FF132    48 CompareAssemblyIdentity
   00300851    69 GetAssemblyIdentityFromFile

--
Cheers,

Paul.