[shell32] Improve the Dutch 'about' message box

Mikołaj Zalewski mikolaj at zalewski.pl
Sun May 17 15:44:52 CDT 2009

> Yes, handling the translation of Wine's resource files would be really
> nice. It would let us leverage a lot of the po tools, especially the
> website based ones. This would make it much easier for users to
> contribute to the translations (right now it's pretty intimidating). I'm
> not sure how to handle the widget layout though.

  I also think I would be better to use po files (without them, our
translations get out-of-sync - e.g. in start a new /Unix switch was
intruduced, but only 7 out of 16 languages has it in the help message.
For the users of the other 9 languages, we are providing an incorrect
help message. This is adding a new line to an existing message, so wrc
--verify-translation won't notice it).
  I was thinking about the widget layout that may need to be different
in a translation and I think this can be solved by adding a possibility
to add some transformations of controls relative to the English ones.
Something like:

msgid "transform.dialog.133"
msgstr ""
"control 12 resize by (10, 10)"
"control 13 move by (10, 10)"

  Making the transformations relative should make updating such
resources not very common (and in most cases there will be even no need
for this). There may still be cases when it looks ugly if e.g. one adds
a new button to the English dialog while the localized ones are enlarged
and takes a place where the new button is added, but we could be solved
by adding to msgid e.g. a hash of the English resource with localizable
stirngs removed, so that the translation will be fuzzy after a merge.
  I could try to look into po2rc and rc2po if they work and can be
augmented with such a functionality, but I'm not sure if I will have
time soon.

Mikołaj