[shell32] Improve the Dutch 'about' message box

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Mon May 18 05:22:47 CDT 2009

On Mon, 18 May 2009, Reece Dunn wrote:
[...]
> I was thinking of some sort of auto-layout logic, using bounding box
> calculations and metric information fed from Windows guidelines. The
> idea here is to give a consistent layout and make it easier to add new
> controls.
>
> I am aware that this is very complex, and I don't yet know how to
> transform the flat layout to a hierarchical layout that contains the
> box information necessary to do the reflow calculations.

If we go that route, we should probably start from a bounding box-based
description of the dialogs, and then generate both the English and the
localized dialogs.

For instance the glade format seems to be bounding-box based. It also
probably already has tools to handle localization. So we could probably
start from a English glade file describing a dialog, generate localized
versions of that file, and then, for each language, pass the dialog
through our bounding-box calculator to convert that to coordinates and
generate the corresponding rc files.

                            1 + e ^ ( i * pi ) = 0