Gecko installation broken?

Stefan Dösinger stefandoesinger at gmx.at
Mon May 18 12:57:56 CDT 2009

Hi,
Is my setup broken, or does the gecko installation fail? In a new wine prefix,
when I open builtin iexplore, I get the installation dialog. The download
runs successfully, but after installation iexplore still says that HTML
rendering is currently disabled. When I run iexplore again, I again see the
Wine Gecko installer dialog box.

My hacky nightly game tests ran into this problem. The last successfull Team
Fotress 2 test run is from May 14, 2009. After that my Gecko setup script
failed and did not even try to start up Steam.

Cheers,
Stefan