DXTn textures in D3DX9

Mike Kaplinskiy mike.kaplinskiy at gmail.com
Sun May 24 14:11:27 CDT 2009

I believe mesa looks for libtxc_dxtn @
http://homepage.hispeed.ch/~rscheidegger/dri_experimental/s3tc_index.html
and then enables full s3tc support. The library itself is tiny and in
(ugly) C, so that is already good news. But as stated on the website,
you cannot use the code due to legality. Maybe there would be a way to
do on-demand loading as with mesa and output a warn/fixme if the
library is not found? It seems like the approach would be similar to
the way the font bytecode interpreter was handled (turn on if
available).

On a sidenote, I may not know what I'm talking about so feel free to
completely disagree.

Mike.