DIB Engine : passing all tests

Massimo Del Fedele max at veneto.com
Mon May 25 03:09:09 CDT 2009

Steven Edwards ha scritto:
> On Sun, May 24, 2009 at 10:19 PM, James McKenzie
> <jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net> wrote:
>> That's ugly.  Did you attempt to type in something in the Document area?
>
> I've disabled all my Quartz hacks, the only thing sort of non-standard
> I have is my custom FreeType with patented engine enabled and support
> for SubPixel rendering turned on. Now that I think about it, that
> could be a problem. I'll try another round of testing with that
> disabled next.
>
> Yes, it is MUCH faster rendering and scrolling and the like but there
> are minor glitches with the font placement in the document area.
> Notice how the word support and deployment overlap with the dib engine
> and how the lines alternate color? The speed difference for editing is
> like night and day. The header and footers for the document body
> containing images renders fine. Installers such as ie6setup and msxml3
> embedded images don't render properly, I'll try to upload images for
> that as well in the morning. Bugzilla seems to be running quite slow
> so I can't upload the images there. Comparison screenshots for Word
> are here
>
> http://steven-edwards.kicks-ass.org/~sedwards/Wine_1.1.22_Word2007_NO_DibEngine_OS_X.png
> http://steven-edwards.kicks-ass.org/~sedwards/Wine_1.1.22_Word2007_With_DibEngine_OS_X.png
>
> Since this is not likely to get merged in anytime soon, lets move the
> rest of the OS X related discussions back to the bug when bugzilla
> decides to stop munching on the pesticide. I'll try to file more
> detailed reports as time permits.
>
> Max this is wonderful progress, please keep up the good work!
>
> Thanks

He Steven,

Thank you for testing and for your words :-)
The engine has still some known bugs (known by me :-) ) which are not spotter
by wine testsuite, mostly related to coordinate spaces in xxxBlt functions.
There is also a small stuff in AlphaBlend() with DDB as source, which is still
not implemented, but should be trivial too.
Another stuff that needs to be "fixed" is font handling; by now is not complete
even if it's mostly functional: it does not kerning (you can see it easily on some
apps, autocad too) and font sizes sometimes are wrong.
All these stuffs should be trivial to fix, but I have really few time on these days,
so it will take some time.

Ciao

Max