DIB Engine : passing all tests

Jan de Mooij jandemooij at gmail.com
Mon May 25 04:06:38 CDT 2009

On Sun, May 24, 2009 at 12:04 PM, Chris Howe <mrmessiah at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2009/5/24 Massimo Del Fedele <max at veneto.com>
>
> Sorry to sound like a stuck record but the Wine website still lists
> "write a DIB engine" as a requirement, and every time someone
> does, the patches dissapear down a hole because they're "not
> right". Someone document what "would be right", or take "write
> a DIB engine" off the list. I'd love to have a go at documenting it
> myself, but I don't have the time to reverse engineer it from a
> few years' worth of rejected solutions.

Agreed. I would be willing to invest some time this summer in a DIB
engine but it's impossible because of this. A wiki page describing the
"right design" and what is needed in which component would be a great
start. Maybe a goal for next WineConf?

I understand people are working on other important issues and that's
much appreciated, but it's frustrating that so much valuable time has
been spent on this (discussions and code) for years and see all
attempts hit the same brick wall.