PowerPC MacOSX work...

Michael G Hughes mghughes at embarqmail.com
Sun May 24 17:49:55 CDT 2009

I have managed to get Wine compiling on a PowerMac G4, MacOSX 10.3.9, a
while back...

What I know so far...  It does not work...  Who'd a thunk it?

Just trying to run winecfg gives me:

fixme:seh:RTLCaptureContext not implimented on PowerPC
fixme:seh:call_stack_handlers not implemented on PowerPC
wine: Unhandled alignment at address 0x44010788 (thread 000d), starting
debugger...
err:process:__wine_kernel_init boot event wait timed out

So...  Some of my questions to from the people involved with chugging away
at the PowerPC parts of the code...

What are the known issues faced in getting the project to work on PowerPC?
What critical pieces are known to be missing?
What is the problem(s) with X11 on 10.3.9?
How do I start testing parts of Wine on PowerPC?

RTLCaptureContext...
	I started to impliment RTLCaptureContext...
	Looks like this involves adding code to winebuild in addition to
RTLCaptureContext itself...  Correct?
	Can RTLCaptureContext be implimented without mucking with the winebuild
tool?

Michael