failure to recognize "early 2009" Mac Mini nVidia 9400 OpenGL version string

Stefan Dösinger stefandoesinger at gmx.at
Mon May 25 13:55:04 CDT 2009

Am Montag, 25. Mai 2009 12:18:55 schrieb Joerg-Cyril.Hoehle at t-systems.com:
> Before I submit a patch to have wine recognize either space or "-" as
> separator, I'd like to query the list whether it actually makes sense
> to return major = 1, minor = 5, i.e. Apple numbers to a MS-Windows program?
No, it doesn't, and I don't think we're doing anything useful right now with
the parsed driver version. We only use the parsed OpenGL version, which is
the same format everywhere.

Once upon a time we passed that version to the windows game, but as you said,
this doesn't make sense. So these days we have a (PCI_VEN/PCI_DEV)->driver
version mapping where we hardcode the latest known Windows driver
version(that table needs an update).

I think the other idea to keep the driver version passing was to be able to
work around known bugs, but currently there aren't and driver version
dependent workarounds, and I don't know if there ever will be(we dislike
hacks to workaround bugs).

So feel free to kill the whole driver version parsing.