DIB Engine : passing all tests

Chris Morgan chmorgan at gmail.com
Mon May 25 20:32:48 CDT 2009

On Mon, May 25, 2009 at 10:49 AM, Alexandre Julliard
<julliard at winehq.org> wrote:
> Zachary Goldberg <zgold at bluesata.com> writes:
>
>> On Mon, May 25, 2009 at 7:03 AM, Alexandre Julliard <julliard at winehq.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> Writing a DIB engine is not a fill-in-the-blanks exercise. A large part
>>> of the task is precisely to come up with a good design, validate it with
>>> a prototype,
>>
>> Would you, Alexandre, say we are at this point?  I.e. that Massimo's
>> design is probably an alright prototype but he just hasn't convinced
>> you/Huw yet and hasn't yet "anticipated common objections" etc.?
>
> Well, the prototype doesn't show much evidence of a good design. Maybe
> Massimo has one in mind, but he hasn't explained it so far.
>
> --
> Alexandre Julliard
> julliard at winehq.org

Wouldn't a review of the proposed dib engine be useful? One that
included concerns, things that needed to be changed etc? Everyone
involved seems to be asking for leadership and guidance about how to
proceed, wouldn't a thorough review of the proposed design give
direction towards an "acceptable" design?

Chris