Does wine handle virtual midi ports correct on OSX?

Steve Schow nabble at bstage.com
Mon May 25 14:56:44 CDT 2009

it seems like what happens is that i select an IAC or virtual midi port from
some windows host inside Wine and everything looks ok, but no events are
sent.   Nothing.  But sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.  Once it
is working it works fine.  Sometimes I have started it up and it was not
working, then I forgot that i had set it up and 5-10 minutes later suddenly
it would start sending the data across.

Seems like somehow the windows host was not flushing the buffer or
something.  I had this problem with Reaper and the latest version of Reaper
seems to be working ok, so maybe this was a Reaper problem, not wine.

I didn't see that fixme you  mentioned.  Where can I find that?  I'm
actually using CrossOverGames for this, I was never able to get Wine to work
with JackOSX.