winehq.org page importance / website statistics

Maik Schulz maik.schulz at gmail.com
Thu May 28 11:19:02 CDT 2009

On 28 May 2009, at 17:10, Austin English wrote:

> On Thu, May 28, 2009 at 10:06 AM, Maik Schulz
> <maik.schulz at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi Paul,
>>
>> it's a good pointer to start, thanks.
>>
>> For the other two points: Does anybody have an opinion on the
>> importance of
>> pages as well as which ones should be moved to the Wiki?
>
> Please bottom post on wine mailing lists.
>
> As for your questions, importance is a bit hard to say. Important to
> users, or to potential developers?
>
> For the wiki, a lot of it should be eventually, but some have objected
> doing so until the wiki's theme is updated to match WineHQ's.
>
> --
> -Austin

NP. Importance to whom is a good question--who is the target group for
winehq.org? Or who benefits most from it? Importance to that latter
group is what I'm after.

Looking at the webalizer output, the most popular pages are the start
page, the download page, the news, the site search, the about page,
and the help page (taken from the top 10 URLs). From this I gather
that it's mostly users that frequent winehq.org.

The latest patch to the developer page actually put the link to the
wiki as the topmost with the comment that it typically has more recent
information than the web pages.

Does that make it safe to assume that winehq.org should concentrate on
users and wiki.winehq.org on (potential) developers? If that's the
direction then it's more clear which content to translate.

Cheers,
-Maik