DIB Engine : passing all tests

Steven Edwards winehacker at gmail.com
Thu May 28 14:46:39 CDT 2009

On Thu, May 28, 2009 at 2:20 PM, Massimo Del Fedele <max at veneto.com> wrote:
> IMHO, and really "in my opinion", loosing time to integrate it inside gdi32
> whithout proper guidelines would be crazy. I mean, I'd never do it :-)
> The intermediate step was made (among other reasons) to check if the
> upcoming driver had the chance to be accepted.
> Moving it *now* inside gdi32 would mean a big loss of time with almost no
> hopes to see it in mainstream, added to the above effort of keeping it
> in sync with changing gdi32.
> OTOH, if winedib would be embedded as-is or with some minor mods, I could
> od course take the job of moving it stepwise into gdi32.

It seems to me the best course is keep developing it outside of the
tree until the remaining glitches are resolved and then try to
resubmit it by moving in to gdi32. At least if Alexandre still wants
to reject it due to remaining design issues, we have a good enough
alternative.

Thanks
--
Steven Edwards