comctl32:rebar: Don't store an empty string in REBAR_InsertBandT.

Nikolay Sivov bunglehead at gmail.com
Thu May 28 16:28:12 CDT 2009

Sergey Khodych wrote:
> Nikolay Sivov пишет:
>
>>> If a band has an empty string, wine allocates a padding space in
>>> lpBand->rcCapText that causes an offset in a band.
>> It looks like a workaround, if get/set text behaves ok now (no tests
>> exist I suppose) then
>> the only place to be changed is this rectangle dimensions.
>>
> Why does wine need to keep an empty string when native realization
> doesn't distinguish "" and NULL (according to tests)?
If it's indistinguishable at all - invisible for get/set and has no side
effect on drawing for example - we don't need to store it of course.
That's why I'm asking you about tests.
Just add 2 tests as a first patch:

- set/get (to prevent regressions here if somebody will try later to
adjust rectangle and still store empty strings);
   it should include both InsertBand and SetBandInfo.
- dimension check.

And a fix for them as a second patch.

Nikolay S.