patch wined3d

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Thu May 28 21:18:37 CDT 2009

Pavel Prochazka wrote:

>static HRESULT WINAPI IWineGDISwapChainImpl_Present(IWineD3DSwapChain *iface, CONST RECT *pSourceRect, CONST RECT *pDestRect, HWND hDestWindowOverride, CONST >RGNDATA *pDirtyRegion, DWORD dwFlags) {
>     IWineD3DSwapChainImpl *This = (IWineD3DSwapChainImpl *) iface;
>-    IWineD3DSurfaceImpl *front, *back;
>+    IWineD3DSurfaceImpl *front, *back,*hlp1,*hlp2;;

You need to keep the same spacing as the remainder of the line.

-    {
-        HDC tmp;
-        tmp = front->hDC;
+    {

Get rid of the trailing whitespace, it is not needed nor necessary.

-
-        tmp = front->resource.allocatedMemory;
+

Same here.  You should go through your additions and make sure that no trailing whitespace exists on any line.

Also, you should combine all of your fixes into one patch until it is accepted.

Lastly, a description should describe what your patch does:

[wine3d]  Create swapchains to eliminate problems with backbuffers (bug XXX {there are at least five bugs with backbuffer problems})

Also, provide test cases to prove that your patch actually does something that Windows(TM) does and to show that you did your homework.

Again, as one of the people with the backbuffer problem causing FPS slowness, I am very interested in these patches.  However, they need to be cleaned up so that we can use them.

James McKenzie