DIB engine

James Mckenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Fri May 29 11:28:15 CDT 2009

>As was said in the other thread, just designing it alone would take a
>few months work. AJ is really busy with other things, and a few months
>work is both a lot of money and a lot of wasted productivity. No one
>is stepping up to sponsor the work, so it's a bit hard for him to take
>that on.

Who is asking AJ to do all of the work.  Huw Davies and Max have worked out what is needed to get this into Wine.  All we need is guidance on what is acceptable and how we should proceed.  This seems to be a serious shortcoming on AJs part.  Without this, any further work would be futile and could end up being very frustrating.  I've seen this from Huw and it is starting to come from Max.  AJ needs to get some time together and write up what is and is not acceptable as far as code style, fashion and what he expects out of the development efforts for the DIB engine.  Making a statement
after months of work is IHMO very unacceptable.

Also, I don't see this as circular, but the 'snake' of getting AJ to accept code into the codebase is.

Very respectfully submitted,

James McKenzie