Time to remove obsolete platforms HP, SGI, and DEC?

James Mckenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Fri May 29 12:51:49 CDT 2009

>> Why do we have versions on Mac OS X?   How about we combine them all?
>
>It can make a big difference in the bug. The X.org version in OS X
>(partially?) depends on what OS X version you have. Some bugs will
>only show up in Tiger, because Leopard has them fixed on Apple's end.
>(Someone correct me if I'm wrong here, this is based off of what I've
>seen on wine-users).

Very much correct.  MacOSX 10.5.7 with XQuartz 2.3.3 or higher correctly utilize all OpenGL features present in Wine.  MacOSX 10.4.x or MacOSX 10.5.6 or MacOSX 10.5.7 without XQuartz 2.3.3 applied will not. Since I am running MacOSX 10.5.7 with XQuartz 2.3.3.2 applied, I do not know the status of backporting the fixes to the 10.4 (Tiger) baseline or even if it is possible.

As far as OS/2 goes, it is still a viable operating system, but I think, for Wine purposes, it should be dropped as an available OS for bugzilla and for the AppDB.

James McKenzie