DIB engine

Massimo Del Fedele max at veneto.com
Fri May 29 14:21:51 CDT 2009

James Mckenzie ha scritto:
> Luke:
>> Heh, I wonder if someone should approach Autodesk and say, "Give us
>> sponsorship and we'll get Autocad running on Linux" they surely have
>> deep pockets :)
>>
> If Autodesk were interested in making AutoCad work with Linux, they would make a native version, not try to get it working with Wine.  Sorry, but them's the facts.

Well, not exactly, I'm afraid.
M$ did all possible (and even all almost impossible) to prevent simple porting of
windows apps to other OS.
DotNet is a good example of useless stuff, directx is another example.
IMHO any app written using one of both of them will need an huge effort to
port and an even greater effort to maintain on both platforms.
Writing Autocad using a portable toolkit isn't an option, as most windows users
(I guess 90% of autocad users, even if wi'd have a native version...) *want* to have
their app looking as a native one.
The only feasible stuff they could do is an effort to build it with winelib.
Or, of course, help wine to make Autocad working perfectly on it.
But I guess for them it isn't worth the money.

Max