Its Alive! Patchwatcher is reborn.

Zachary Goldberg zgold at bluesata.com
Sun May 31 14:20:42 CDT 2009

On Sun, May 31, 2009 at 2:59 PM, Dan Kegel <dank at kegel.com> wrote:
> Congratulations!  It's nice to see it running again!
>
> Are you running it all on one node, or are you
> using the distributed mode?

I am using the distributed version of the code but for now its just on
one machine.  I was actually able to get it mostly working using just
the provided wine-slave and master.sh.  Over the summer I will look
into seeing if I can scale it out a bit to a dedicated linux &&/||
windows slave .  It seems plenty fast enough to keep up with
wine-patches running just in Wine for now.

> Have you been watching patchwatcher's mailbox
> for partial patch series?  That was the biggest
> chore of running Patchwatcher.
> At one point they blocked the pipeline of
> incoming patches, not sure if I fixed that.
> Having patches back up is bad because they rapidly
> go stale.
> - Dan

I have seen the stale problem (I had the mailbox enabled several days
before I let it start processing patches...).  I haven't been but will
now look out for a partial series.  I will be away for the next 2
weeks starting Wednesday so there is a high probability it hangs
sometime while I'm gone.  It'll provide a good test case when I'm back
to try and find a solution in-code =P

-Zach