shell32/tests: Fix Program Manager DDE Conformance Test Failures

Nicolas Le Cam niko.lecam at gmail.com
Sun Nov 15 11:38:56 CST 2009

2009/11/15 Mikey Alexander <firesword14 at yahoo.com>:
> You really don't want to skip this one as the api is supposed to create the window, but you can't be absolutely sure it is a failure, hence the error message being what it is.  If you are going to skip the timeout if it fails, why bother checking for the window creation at all?
>
> The real question is what is the real worst case expected time to wait before failing because the window was not created?  I upped it to 45 seconds.
>
> I could have implemented a window message thread to detect the window creation, but it doesn't change the problem.  Window creation is not given a deadline.  10 seconds was obviously too short.  Several machines failed on the first longer load with 10 seconds and a couple failed most of the timeouts with 10 seconds.
>
> I'd be more than willing to up the timeout longer, but if you really do encounter a failure, it makes the failed test take that much longer.
>
> - Mikey

I think you misunderstood me. The window is created but as you're
searching for a "Startup" window's title it fails on localized
systems. So the test is not completely correct and only work on
English system. That's why I proposed to skip the two tests on (and
only on) such systems.

I'll try to use a window message thread to see if it helps.

PS: Please bottom post on wine-devel

--
Nicolas Le Cam