shell32/tests: Fix Program Manager DDE Conformance Test Failues

Greg Geldorp ggeldorp at vmware.com
Sun Nov 15 13:02:05 CST 2009

> I think you misunderstood me. The window is created but as you're
> searching for a "Startup" window's title it fails on localized
> systems. So the test is not completely correct and only work on
> English system. That's why I proposed to skip the two tests on (and
> only on) such systems.

I haven't tested this, but perhaps it's possible to use
SHGetSpecialFolderPath(..., CSIDL_STARTUP, ...) to obtain the (localized)
file system location of the "Startup" folder, then use the last part of that
path as the window title to search for. E.g. on English Windows the path
retrieved by the call would be "C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Start
Menu\Programs\Startup", taking the last component would result in "Startup".
On Dutch Windows the path would be "C:\Documents and
Settings\<username>\Menu Start\Programma's\Opstarten", resulting in a last
component of "Opstarten" which most likely is also the window title.

Greg.