today's git broke winetricks gecko :-(

Steven Edwards winehacker at gmail.com
Mon Nov 16 16:43:16 CST 2009

On Mon, Nov 16, 2009 at 12:58 PM, Jacek Caban <jacek at codeweavers.com> wrote:
> You should understand, that we don't want users to have problems due to
> *lack* of Gecko. Any solution like moving installation to winecfg means that
> most user (at least these, who don't get Gecko from their distro packages)
> will have this problem. You also didn't give me any single good reason to
> not install Gecko properly. Instead you just said that you pollute winetest
> results with your bad configuration.

Isn't winetest web configured to reject certain classes of test
results already? I seem to recall Alexandre adding some magic to
winetest and the site to reject reports or flag them if they were with
a sha1hash that did not match a git revision. Could we not do
something like this with gecko? If it's not installed then just ignore
those results?

--
Steven Edwards