shell32/tests: Fix Program Manager DDE Conformance Test Failures

Paul Vriens paul.vriens.wine at gmail.com
Tue Nov 17 08:41:21 CST 2009

On 11/17/2009 03:26 PM, Paul Vriens wrote:
> On 11/17/2009 10:10 AM, Paul Vriens wrote:
>> On 11/14/2009 05:31 PM, Mikey Alexander wrote:
>>> /* Timeout on DdeClientTransaction Call */
>>> #define MS_TIMEOUT_VAL 1000
>>> /* # of times to poll for window creation */
>>> -#define PDDE_POLL_NUM 50
>>> +#define PDDE_POLL_NUM 150
>>> /* time to sleep between polls */
>>> -#define PDDE_POLL_TIME 200
>>> +#define PDDE_POLL_TIME 300
>>
>> Hi Mikey,
>>
>> Just raising the timeout was not enough to fix the test failures so
>> something else must be going on?
>>
>> Some of the test results on test.winehq.org now show a general timeout
>> for these tests (there is a hardcoded 120 second timeout for every test
>> module).
>>

> Another thing I saw is that on XP we have a window title of "Group1" for
> example, whereas on W2K3 I see "C:\Documents and Settings\All
> Users\Start Menu\Programs\Group1".
>
> The latter will of course never be found if we only search for "Group1".
>
> On W2K3 I also see that the 'group' windows are closed but not the
> 'startup one'.

And yet another thing. This longer window title on my W2K3 box is
because I've activated 'Display the full path in the title bar' in the
'Folder Options'. I'm not sure if this is the default on some boxes or
if I did this manually.

One can see if this is activated at
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\CabinetState\FullPath
(1 meaning active).

--
Cheers,

Paul.