New valgrind results, this time with overrun checks and lots of new errors.

Dan Kegel dank at
Thu Nov 19 23:16:55 CST 2009

On Thu, Nov 19, 2009 at 8:38 PM, Nikolay Sivov <bunglehead at> wrote:
>> I'm not sure about the user (i.e. developer) interface for turning the
>> heap
>> check on.  Should it be automatic when one does warn+heap?
> If I got it right it makes sense to enable this only running under valgrind
> control?

Nope.  It's useful all on its lonesome.

> daily script could simply run twice or so with
> different zone length, results could
> be a diff to default run (16 bytes) results.

I think one would want to use the biggest redzone one
could without hurting performance... the bigger the redzone,
the more bugs one finds.  The right value will depend on
the app.  16 is probably a good default, but conformance
tests are tiny, they can probably tolerate huge ones.
- Dan